Sunday, September 10, 2006

Dachshund Rescue Charity Auction


Dachshund Charity Painting

4" x 6"

Oil on Hardwood Panel

To bid on painting click here

Ok, this is the first of my charity auctions. We'll see how it goes. I hope it raises some funds for their organization - Coast to Coast Dachshund Rescue

(detail)

If you're interested - Click here to bid

Since my commitment is to paint from life for my daily paintings, this was a challenge. They had sent me some photos of dachshunds, and so I thought I'd try some trompe l'oeil (meaning "fool the eye") I think it turned pretty well, although it reminds me of a beer label for some reason. My favorite part is the push-pin LOL

About the Charity:
Coast to Coast Dachshund Rescue (CCDR) is a National Non-Profit 501(c)(3), all-volunteer organization dedicated to rescuing needy Dachshunds and Dachshund mixes from coast to coast. CCDR has been very successful in achieving the goal to find loving families and forever homes for the dogs we've taken in. If you would consider adopting a dachshund and would like more information,please click here. You will not be sorry!

Note from the me: I hope you will seriously consider bidding to help this dachshund rescue group. There are so many dogs that need you and there is not enough help for all of them. This auction is part of my renewed commitment to help rescue groups raise needed funds. If you have a rescue group and would like me to donate a painting to your cause, please visit my website A Portrait For You (aportraitforyou.com) and write me an email telling me about your group. I choose one charity per week to which to donate a painting.

Thanks for your interest!!

- Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your taking time to comment on my paintings! Thanks for your interest and feedback. - Liz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...