Thursday, March 12, 2009

Pico - Dallas Police K9 Service Dog


Pico
4"x6"
Oil on Panel

From his partner: Pico (Pee-ko) is about 2 1/2 yrs old. He came from Czechoslovakia. We are the most rookie team on the Dallas Police Dept. K9 Team. We started in October of 2007. We got off training in May 2008 and are free to roam the entire city of Dallas while our citizens sleep. Pico is trained in Building Search, Apprehension, Tracking Suspects, and area searches for suspects. He loves his red ball! He loves his Chihuahua sister Pinky who lives at home and likes to chase her anytime he gets a chance.

Pico caught another bad guy one early morning a week or so ago hiding some bushes. He's up to 5 bad guy catches now during his short 10 month career off of training.... "

Thank you!

This portrait is ALMOST finished. I got interrupted and wasn't able to get back to it tonight, but thought I'd share what I did get done. I'm probably going to work on the grass a bit, and maybe tweak Pico's ears a bit, but it's looking pretty good.

* UPDATE * I was just informed by Pico's partner that Pico captured two more burglars last night!! Way to go!!

Since I won't be posting tomorrow, here's a sneak peek at another portrait I'm working on -

Roxey
Belgium Malinois from Holland
Oil Sketch
4"x6"

I'm painting her a bit closer than she is in the photo. Unfortunately, this is a memorial painting, as Roxey is keeping bad guys out of heaven now. More on her story when I show you the finished painting. Her police officer partner that sent the photos wrote a very moving story about her.

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa

Live Creatively!

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your taking time to comment on my paintings! Thanks for your interest and feedback. - Liz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...