Monday, July 28, 2008

Police Officer Memorial Portrait Dedication

The Police Officer portrait that I painted a couple months ago was formally dedicated on Friday. I attended, but due to mis-communication and some glitches (plus the fact that I'm basically a hermit and am not always in my "assertive artist" mode) I ended up not being in the room at the time it was being dedicated. It was standing room only. I met the Dallas Chief of Police and a lot of great Police Officers, Lieutenants and others. I truly appreciate those who put themselves in harm's way on a daily basis for us!! (Especially those among us who are totally ditzy . . . . )

The ceremony was featured on the nightly news and here are some shots from the broadcast.



the screen says "Police Officer Remembered"


Unveiling the portrait




They thanked me for the donation, but it didn't say that on the news and I am really trying to get the word out that I will donate an oil on canvas portrait to the family of any Police Officer or Firefighter that is killed in the line of duty. I contacted the television station, and we'll see if they are interested. I'll keep you posted.

PAINTING LIVE - I will be painting live on USTREAM today starting about 7:30 p.m. Central Time (8:30 p.m. Eastern) I will be working on some commissioned portraits. One is a large 18"x 22" oil on canvas of a Scottish Terrier and one is a 4"x6" oil on panel of a Corgi.

This is the photo I will be painting the Corgi, Tulip from. I will probably paint Tulip in one session - start to finish tonight live on USTREAM, so join me. I will be taping the broadcast so you can watch at your convenience if you don't manage to get here tonight. I hope you do, though - I enjoy the company! Click here to see my USTREAM videos and to join me live tonight at 8:30 Eastern / 7:30 Central Time. Make sure you sign up and get a username so I can chat with you while I paint.

Hope to see you - and always - Live Creatively!!

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your taking time to comment on my paintings! Thanks for your interest and feedback. - Liz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...