Friday, September 12, 2008

Mimi - a beloved Yellow Lab


Mimi
8" x 10"
Oil on Panel

This is a Christmas present to someone who doesn't get on the internet, so I can share it with you ahead of time. You may have seen the beginning of this painting on UStream.tv - All the segments are recorded there, although I did a tiny bit of 'adjusting' after I signed off on the final video.

Jennifer, who commissioned the painting wrote me a sweet email saying:

"Liz, You've outdone yourself again! I can't stop myself from checking out Mimi's portrait online again and again and cannot wait to see the original. You've done a fantastic job capturing who she is: her spirit, her gentle and kind way and her focus, likely on her own shadow! :) The only downside is having to wait until Christmas to share it with my mom! She will be speechless! I cannot wait for you to paint my two black labs together."

Congratulations to new collector Jennifer B. on her commission of Mimi - and I can't wait to paint her black labs either - although I already painted one of them, since they are Search & Rescue dogs - Thanks again for all your hard work and dedication!

If you are considering a portrait for Christmas, now is the time to get in touch with me so I can make sure that I incorporate you into my schedule.

Thank you for listening & looking - and
Live Creatively!

Liz

1 comment:

I appreciate your taking time to comment on my paintings! Thanks for your interest and feedback. - Liz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...