Thursday, September 11, 2008

Beginning Forest's Portrait


This is the first step of a small commissioned painting. This is Forest, a beautiful search & rescue dog. His owner is a great photographer and has commissioned paintings of all of her dogs. I love working from her beautiful photos. Below is the photo that I am working from for Forest's portrait. I can see that I have his nose a little bit off. If you're interested in how I get started with a painting, you can see me sketch this one on UStream.tv


Most of the paintings I've been working on are gifts, so I can't show them, but I'll be posting the progress on Forest's portrait soon. It probably won't take more than one session to paint.

Congratulations to new collector Jennifer, in Texas who commissioned the painting of Camo, the beautiful Boykin Spaniel!

Live Creatively!

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your taking time to comment on my paintings! Thanks for your interest and feedback. - Liz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...