Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Bulldog Charity Painting

I know it's been a while since I've posted, but most of the painting I've been doing are gifts, so I can't share them with you. Today I finished a painting for Bulldog Rescue - I need to get a better photo, but thought I'd post what I have for now. Please check back to get the link for the auction - remember this goes to help the dogs!

BULLDOG CHARITY PAINTING
(click to see larger)

12"x 16"
Oil on Canvas

(better photo to come soon)

This painting will be auctioned to raise money for The BCA Rescue Network, Inc - non-profit organization. There are many volunteers nationwide who love the Bulldog breed and are dedicated to its continued well-being. These volunteers find new homes for more than 1000 Bulldogs per year. Many thousands of dollars are spent to provide medical care, food, shelter, and training while the rescued Bulldogs are awaiting adoption.

Please check back to get the link to bid on this painting - remember 50% of the proceeds go to help support bulldog rescue!

If you have a charity to which you would like me to donate a painting, please let me know!

Scroll down to see the steps to this beautiful portrait!

Step #1 - Beginning the portrait - a very blurry photo. This actually isn't the VERY first step, but it's the first time that I took a break to take a photograph. I started by painting in the basic shape of the dog with burnt sienna paint.

Then I blocked in the darks and lights on his body. I like to use very colorful underpainting on animals, I think it gives more of a sense of the life and vibrancy of their being.

Close-up of Step 1 You can see his face starting to emerge from the shadows.

Step 2 - Now I'm adding the details and the actual coloring of the dog - this appears to bring him out of the shadows.

Step 3 - I now have just about all his body in basically the correct coloration. I will now refine areas and model the muscles and bones of his structure to make sure he is anatomically accurate.

Step 4 - Just about done! I will probably make a few adjustments - but basically he is finished. I have modeled his muscles, and adjusted the balance between light and dark. This is not a very good photo as it was 11:00 p.m when I stopped painting. I will try to get a better photo in the daylight.

Thank you again for your interest in my artwork, and for your patience :)

Live Creatively!!!

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your taking time to comment on my paintings! Thanks for your interest and feedback. - Liz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...