Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

It's been a busy day - but for once, I am not the one cooking Thanksgiving dinner. I do have some homemade yeast rolls baking, cranberry sauce on the stove, and am trying to find an interesting recipe for a casserole from our garden's summer squash. As always, at this time of year, I reflect on all the reasons I have to be very thankful. First of all, I am glad that I was born in the greatest country on earth. Good health and talent wouldn't be worth much in some countries, where it is all you can do to survive. Right now, in 2008 - Albino people are being slaughtered in Tanzania and Barundi because it is believed their body parts are useful in "traditional medicine" Not all "traditions" are good ones.

I am thankful that God gave me talent to turn paint and cloth into portraits that keep loved ones close. I am thankful that after 50 years of looking, I found my soulmate. I am thankful that my kids are healthy, intelligent and self-supporting :) I am thankful that I do not have to wonder where my next meal is coming from or where I will sleep tonight. I am also thankful that I have a large and supportive group of people that write and encourage me and comment on my paintings! (That's you guys!) Thank you so much for being part of my world - and please feel free to write and comment on anything.

On a lesser note, I'm thankful that I have gotten a few Christmas commissions done, and am beginning to feel like there may be an end in sight :) and I got a good photo of the bulldog painting I posted yesterday. It still doesn't do justice to the actual painting.


Bulldog Charity Painting
11" x 14"
Oil on Canvas

Check back for link to auction - it should be starting this Sat/Sun


Close-ups of painting - click to see even larger!

NEW PHOTOS - FINAL VERSION OF FINISHED PAINTING
CLICK HERE TO BID ON EBAY


Bulldog Painting for Charity
CLICK HERE TO BID ON EBAY

Congratulations to new collector Anne L. of Maine who is the happy owner of the Husky painting.
She wrote "The husky painting arrived today and it's even more beautiful than I anticipated! Thanks so much. It hasn't been out of my sight since it arrived!"
I'm glad you like it, Anne! And thanks so much for your emails.

Better go check those rolls . . .. .

Live Creatively!!! (and thankfully!)

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your taking time to comment on my paintings! Thanks for your interest and feedback. - Liz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...