Thursday, November 06, 2008

Olive the Sphynx Cat

Wow, it's been a while since I've posted, but I HAVE been painting. Here is one of the paintings I've done recently that is not a Christmas gift. Allow me to introduce Olive, the Sphynx cat. (I am pretty sure that is her breed, if not, I'll post a correction when I find out.) She is hairless and very striking. Unfortunately, this is a memorial painting, as she recently passed away.

in memory of
OLIVE
16" x 20"
Oil on Canvas

Here is a close-up of her face - be sure to click both the photos to see much larger views. Her owner in into 'retro' so I had fun with the background - and the reflections on the cat.



On a technical note, there were really no good photos of Olive, but I found a variety of reference pictures and pulled together all the elements that defined Olive, adding the coloring, changing the pose, etc. So if you don't have the 'perfect' photo, don't worry, I can still make a great portrait. Of course, if you have a great photo, that's nice too :)

I am working on quite a few commissions, but they are all for Christmas, so you won't see them until January. I have quite a few K-9 and Search & Rescue portrait donations lined up and should be posting some of them next week.

Thanks for looking, and please feel free to comment or email me - I would love to hear from you.

As always,

Live Creatively!!

Liz

1 comment:

  1. Suc a good job of capturing expression as usual Liz. Your use of color and background make this a treasure!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to comment on my paintings! Thanks for your interest and feedback. - Liz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...