Monday, April 20, 2009

You know, I'm eventually going to need glasses!

You know, I'm eventually going to need glasses!


Flat Coated Retriever / Cocker Spaniel Cross
11" x 14"
Oil on Panel

This is a very cartoonish depiction of my old dog Ruby doing her least favorite trick :) I went to the Fort Worth Arts Festival this past weekend, and there was a couple artists doing cartoony portraits, and I thought "neat! I should try this" I have to say, it's much easier than trying to get it to look like the real dog LOL. I'm not sure how many of these I'll be doing, but they are fun. I'll get looser with them after I've done a few.

I didn't have an actual photo of her doing this trick, so I just made it up, with a photo of her for reference. Here's a close-up of her poor crossed eyes.


Live creatively!

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your taking time to comment on my paintings! Thanks for your interest and feedback. - Liz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...