Thursday, May 21, 2009

Sienna - Search & Rescue Dog Donation #21

Sienna
Golden Retriever
DAWGS

From her partner: My Golden Retriever Sienna was a search and rescue dog with Disaster and Wilderness Ground Searchers in CT. One of her best buddies in search was Jet, the black lab you painted.

During her career, she worked with a passion and joy even when cutting her foot open and tearing two ACLs. She started her career as an 8 week old puppy. On September 13 2008, I awoke to find her sleeping peacefully on her bed. She had died in her sleep. Sienna was 10 years old. My vet determined she died of hemiosarcoma which often has no symptoms until the dog dies.

Thank you Sienna for all you did :)

I've been busy working on some commissions, and I swear I'm going to get back into painting things other than dogs eventually :)

Live Creatively!

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your taking time to comment on my paintings! Thanks for your interest and feedback. - Liz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...