Friday, August 07, 2009

Bloodhound K9 & Canine Masterpiece


Bloodhound
whose name I can't find :)
Oil on Panel
4" x 6"

You may remember when I blocked in this painting MONTHS ago - it's finally gotten back on the easel and I've just about finished the dog portion of the painting. The background will be the police car, and that should be painted Monday. I really wish I had the video camera set up for this piece, there were quite a few 'learning opportunities' as I worked on getting the perspective right. These dogs have such amazing heads.

I should be doing some still lifes - I am scheduled to take a workshop from an artist whose still lives I admire greatly - Qiang Huang. I'm fortunate that he is located within a few hours of me. I'm really looking forward to his class and hopefully getting enthused about painting still lifes!

I've got some very interesting commissions going right now - another 'canine masterpiece' - this time interpreting a Renoir painting with Mastiffs. To whet your appetite, here is the painting that I will be adapting - Alfred Sisley and his Wife by Renoir.


I'll bring you along step by step as it progresses. It looks like it will be a lot of fun.

Live Creatively!

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your taking time to comment on my paintings! Thanks for your interest and feedback. - Liz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...