Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Uintah & Wahsatch & the Bluebird of Fair to Middlin'


Uintah & Wahsatch
Oil on Canvas
20" x 20"

Finally getting around to posting the final photo of the two golden retrievers - They have great names - they are named after the mountains in the area of Utah where they live. They are both search & rescue dogs. As usual it's not a very good photo, but I haven't posted in so long, I figured I'd put it up anyway.

My son and I participated in the Funky Finds Spring Fling art & craft show. My son's artwork can be seen here The show was a lot of fun. It was a 'dog-friendly' venue, so along with my husband, came Mackenzie the Wacky Pup.

Here is Mackenzie sitting under her portrait


My son brought Holley, his 100 lb German Shepherd / Rottie mix

and my sister came with Zora, her 130 lb German Shepherd / Yeti mix.

All the dogs were wearing their "Wacky Pup" bandana - Directions for making a bandanna for your dog, cat or even yourself are on WackyPup.com All those people and dogs in one 10' x 10' display area LOL . . . most people were not too intimidated to come in and look at the art. The majority of the shoppers had their own dogs, too. All in all, a lot of fun.

I took a couple photos of some dogs that I think will make good paintings, but I got very interested in babies in strollers. For one thing, the strollers are amazing looking now - some look like you could take them off-road - and if you put an engine on them, the whole family could ride LOL. But mostly I was interested because the babies are always either trying to get out, or sitting in funny positions.

Bluebird No. 5
The Bluebird of Fair to Middlin'
9" x 9"
Oil on Reclaimed Panel with painted sides
$225

Or click here to email me about Bluebird of Fair to Middlin.

This is one of a set of 6 kitchen paintings - contact me to see all 6
They are available as a group for $950 with free shipping.

I have been busy working on commissions, including a house portrait and another golden retriever portrait. Hopefully I will have some paintings to show after they have been presented to their surprise recipients.

Live Creatively!

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your taking time to comment on my paintings! Thanks for your interest and feedback. - Liz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...