Monday, March 08, 2010

My first Longhorn Steer Painting

I hate to admit it but I've lived in Texas for 12 years and never painted a Longhorn. I look at them, and think, gee I ought to paint one! but I've never done it until tonight. Hope you like it. I need a name for this painting. "Look Homeward Angel" is all I can think of LOL . . . coming from Virginia where Thomas Wolfe's novel is based, it comes to mind, but I don't think it's the best title for this Texas Longhorn.
I've had to edit this post as it was pointed out to me that this is not a "cow" - so it is correctly designated as a Longhorn steer. Thanks Pete!



Look Homeward
8" x 10"
Oil on Panel


We saw this Longhorn when we were camping in San Angelo State Park. It's a beautiful park - here's a link to some info about it - San Angelo State Park The painting is a bit larger than usual, because it will be hanging in my solo show in Stephenville in May.

I'm not sure that I'm completely finished with the painting, but I'm done for tonight. Since it's been awhile since I posted any paintings, and I'm going to be out of the studio for the next two days, I thought I'd post it. If I make any changes, I'll post the revised painting. The more I look, the more I think I'm not quite finished. It is much more colorful than it appears on the internet, so in any case, I'll be taking a better photo later this week.

Hope you're all staying well, I'm not quite back to normal, but feeling much better :) Take care, stay warm and dry and

Live Creatively!
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your taking time to comment on my paintings! Thanks for your interest and feedback. - Liz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...