Thursday, February 25, 2010

Base, in Uniform

Practically by the time I finished typing, I was sick! I didn't get out of bed for almost a week. Today was the first 'normal' day in the studio since my last post. I sure hope you don't get this, it's awful. I still have laryngitis, so my hubby is enjoying the peace LOL

On to today's painting

Allow me to introduce "Base" a beautiful English Bulldog. His owner admires Robert E. Lee and for a gift, his wife had Base painted in Lee's uniform. I do extensive research to make sure that I get the details accurate in these uniformed paintings.

Base
English Bulldog
Oil on Panel
5" x 7"
Private Commission

This is a very small one, only 5" x 7" - I never thought it would work out to do one this small, but it really turned out great! I'm enjoying doing the smaller paintings, and they are more affordable while the economy is so awful.

WIN A FREE 4" x 6" PORTRAIT!

Send me a photo of your choice - the photo that gets the most votes will win a free portrait! This will be a monthly contest. So find a great photo and send it in! Remember, the backgrounds can be changed.

Can't wait to see the photos!

Live Creatively!

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your taking time to comment on my paintings! Thanks for your interest and feedback. - Liz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...