Saturday, March 03, 2007

Nude Revisited


I had painted a quick nude study a while back - I revisited it today - there were some things about it that bothered me. I was not happy with the face in the original painting, and some of the shadowing was too dark and stark. I had the color too hot in both the light and the shadow.

I ended up repainting it almost completely, but I am much, much happier with it. The face is especially nice. One of the problems that I have is that I am doing this almost completely from imagination. Therefore, I have very little actual shadow or color information and have to invent it. This is not as easy as it sounds! It is much better to have actual visual information to paint from.

Here is a detail of the face. If you'd like to see the entire nude (with strategic "bikini" triangles) click here.

As usual, thank-you for your interest in my painting, please let your friends know about the paintings, and feel free to write. I personally answer all emails.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your taking time to comment on my paintings! Thanks for your interest and feedback. - Liz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...