Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Two Pitchers & an Orange


Two Pitchers & An Orange

16"x20" Oil on Panel

(available $500 - click here)

This is a reworking of one of the first paintings that I ever did.
I didn't change much except to add the white tablecloth.

There was originally a white tablecloth in the setup for the painting, and it is reflected in the jug,
but I was just learning to do backgrounds and I just painted it all purple :)

The 'redone' orange reminds me of Cezanne's paintings, so I left it with the dark outline.
It's always been one of my favorite paintings, and I want to paint the jug again.

Here is the original painting:


What do you think? is it an improvement?

The painting is signed by the artist,
the website copyright appears only on the internet.

I've been working on a couple large commissions.
I plan to show you the process for one of them after it has been delivered.
It is, as usual, a surprise for the recipient, so I can't show it to you in "real time".

I will also be showing you the process for a portrait of a house that I will be painting this week.

Thank you for your interest!!

Please ask any questions - all emails answered!
Please feel free to forward to anyone that is interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your taking time to comment on my paintings! Thanks for your interest and feedback. - Liz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...