Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Uintah - Golden Retriever SAR Dog

UINTAH
GOLDEN RETRIEVER
SEARCH & RESCUE DOG


This is the first painting in my new project of painting Search & Rescue, K-9 or Mounted Patrol animals.

Kacy is Uintah's partner - here is what she says about Uintah:

"Uintah and I are with Rocky Mountain Rescue Dogs. www.rockymountainrescuedogs.net We are an all volunteer rescue team who provides our services to any police agency requesting them. We do wilderness/area searches, avalanche rescues, water recovery, disaster recovery, human tracking/trailing, and cadaver. We train weekly with our dogs and then once a month as a group.

"Uintah is a 2 1/2 year old Golden Retriever. She was my graduation present from my husband. I drove from Connectiuct to Wyoming on my way home to Utah to get her, and we have been inseparable since then. She was named because of the Uinta Mountains here in Utah and is living up to her name. She is an amazing search and rescue dog, because there is nothing in this world she loves more than people. She gets a huge smile on her face when someone-anyone-is paying attention to her. She is wonderful with kids and older people, and she becomes a little ham when anyone has a camera. Her favorite trick is wave bye-bye, but she can also spin, rewind, stick-um-up, be shy, play dead, high 5, shake, and crawl. She is truly my best friend, my partner, my entertainment and my world."

If you are a member of Search & Rescue, K-9 or Mounted Patrol, please allow me to paint a small portrait for you at no charge, in gratitude for your service.

As usual, thanks for your interest in my artwork and the encouragement and emails!

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your taking time to comment on my paintings! Thanks for your interest and feedback. - Liz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...