Monday, August 17, 2009

Gumby's NIghtmare Surreal Art

Tonight was interesting. Despite my solemn vow to myself that I was going to paint every day, 9:00 pm approached and I hadn't touched a brush all day. I was still exhausted from being so 'social' all weekend plus painting LOL. My son came by to pick up his dog whom we had been keeping for the weekend

My eldest son Jeremy painting

He and I decided to paint together. He paints abstracts and challenged me to paint a wall of eyes (he knows I love eyes, and resist painting abstracts)


Gumby's Nightmare
Acryilc on Panel
It really looks 3-d

Jeremy suggested the name. The wall looks like it's made of clay. We used the Chroma brand Acrylics, they are marvelous. I will be doing more with them as it goes along.

Here is the painting that Jeremy did. It's quite a bit different from his usual style, his style is evolving I suppose.

Shimmering Stones
Acrylic & Metallics
7 3/4" x 22"

I also tried to take a photo of the final painting that I did for the workshop on Sunday, but it did not photograph well enough to post. I will take a photo tomorrow and show you. I was too tired to post it yesterday.

Live Creatively!
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your taking time to comment on my paintings! Thanks for your interest and feedback. - Liz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...