Saturday, September 12, 2009

Whew . . . . long trip :)

Long trip - finally home. Got in late, and I'm bushed, but thought I'd post one of the paintings
that I did while I was in North Carolina. No landscapes yet. This is a duck decoy from life - I posed it outside on a deck railing to get good light.

Decoy
about 4"x 6"
Gouache on Paper

I'm too tired to think of a good name for this - if you have any ideas send them to me!

This is my very first attempt to paint with gouache paints. I've had the set for years and never used it. I try to add to my collection of different paints, but don't always get around to trying them out. I'm really happy with gouache, it is a type of opaque watercolors. It covers well and dries fast! You can layer one color over another and it covers it up. Unlike acrylics, you can re-wet and blend it. It also 'bleeds' together like watercolors so you get some nice effects that way as well. I did a few more paintings with it on my trip. I'll be posting them over the next couple of days. In retrospect, I think I should have blended the shadow a bit more, but it was quite sharp in the morning sun. I painted this on the back deck of my husband's cousin's beautiful house in the crisp North Carolina morning . . . . . nothin' could be finer . . . :)

Live Creatively!
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your taking time to comment on my paintings! Thanks for your interest and feedback. - Liz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...