Thursday, February 11, 2010

Texan Theater

Texan Theater I
Hamilton, Texas
8" x 10"
Oil on Panel

Or click here to email me about Texan Theater I.

This is a small painting of the Texan theater sign from Hamilton Texas. I took a few photos last summer, planning to do a painting or two. Little did I know that I wouldn't have any more chances to take reference photos. The Texan Theater, which had been a landmark in Hamilton since the 1920's and had been recently renovated, burned to the ground in November. Apparently this is the second time it burned, the first was in the 40's. This time there isn't anything left. If it gets 'reopened' it will have to be a brand new building.

Live Creatively!

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your taking time to comment on my paintings! Thanks for your interest and feedback. - Liz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...