Sunday, February 07, 2010

Waiting for Deer


Waiting for the Deer
4" x 6"
Oil on Panel
$100


I started this on location while my husband and I were camping at a South Llano River State Park. It is a beautiful park with water as turquoise as St. Thomas. We had a great time and I started quite a few paintings. I will be sharing them with you as I finish them.

This 'postcard' painting brings back memories of the beautiful weekend. There was a wild meadow behind our camper where every evening, as the sun lowered in the sky, the light would hit a patch of grass and it would just glow. My husband and I would sit behind this bunch of cactus and wait for the deer to come out of the bushes and walk through our campsite.

We would keep Mack in the camper, because after the deer, the javalinas were close behind. They are semi-cute but very dangerous, especially to dogs. I have a painting of them to show you some other day.

Most of the painting I did today was on a commission that I can't wait to show you! It's a small uniformed dog portrait - and it's turning out GREAT! Unfortunately, it's to be given as a gift, so I can't show you yet, but you're going to love it.

Thanks for reading and visiting! and keep writing! I really enjoy hearing from you!

Live Creatively!

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your taking time to comment on my paintings! Thanks for your interest and feedback. - Liz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...