Thursday, May 08, 2008

Bluebird Turns His Back

Bluebird Turns His Back

8" x 10" Oil on Panel

(available $200 - click here)

Ok, the internet just does not do justice to this painting - I am so happy with this one! In real life, it is like trompe l'oeil - he looks so real, you think you can pick him up. I was not even going to paint today, the day had gotten away from me (again) and you know there's always tomorrow. Then I found out I would be out of my studio all day tomorrow, and thought, well, I'd better do SOMETHING - for one thing I have a complicated commission that I am working on. So after putting in a few hours on it, I decided to do a quick 'daily' painting. Instead of picking up my usual 4" x 6" board, I thought I'd paint my favorite glass bluebird in a little larger scale. I'm so glad I did - I love this painting. I really wish you could see what it looks like in person.

Here's a little better closeup - but still not so good. For one thing I am always taking my photos late at night. But I'm too impatient to wait until the daylight to do it. I just noticed that horizontal slash in the upper right, I'll be right back. . . . . .there, that's fixed. I also softened the shadow a bit. I am NOT going to take and format new photos tonight though. Maybe Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your taking time to comment on my paintings! Thanks for your interest and feedback. - Liz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...