Thursday, May 22, 2008

Marlowe - Bloodhound SAR & Equine Mural Update

Marlowe - a Search & Rescue Bloodhound
with CARDA


From his owner, Lori (She and her husband have 3 certified dogs.) -

We are certified and deploy with CARDA through out California and locally with the Los Angeles Sheriff's dept. Volunteer Search Dogs. In both groups we search in the wilderness and urban environments for lost people. Usually lost hikers and Alzheimers patients. Marlowe is a scent specific Trailing dog. With the use of a scent article from the missing person we set out to get a direction of travel, find clues or trail many miles to the missing person.

Marlowe is a 7.5 year old Bloodhound. certified for 4 years. He is also an AKC Champion show dog. but don't let that make you think that he's "snooty". He just LOVES to ride in the pick-up truck

About CARDA - California Rescue Dog Association:

The purpose of the California Rescue Dog Association(CARDA) is:
•To provide highly trained volunteer search dog teams for search and rescue deployment;
•To train and promote working dogs for search and rescue;
•To set the standards by which search and rescue dogs are to be certified;
•To act as a principal testing agency for the certification of search dogs;
•To further the public knowledge of, interest in, and the use of search and rescue dogs;
•To promote the positive image and protect the interests of the search and rescue community in the State of California;

•And to encourage and foster good relationships between CARDA and legislative and law enforcement bodies.

If you are a member of Search & Rescue, K-9 or Mounted Patrol, please allow me to paint a small portrait for you at no charge, in gratitude for your service.


Equine Mural "Le Cadeau Du Cheval - The Horse Gift" UPDATE

A while back, I mentioned that I will be a participating artist in the Equine Mural Le Cadeau Du Cheval - The Horse Gift"

I'll be posting the steps as it goes along. The way it works is that they send me a panel to paint with an existing color & composition shown. I have to come up with a painting that uses the basic composition, but is an independent painting in its own right. Then it will be combined with hundreds of other paintings to create one giant mural.

I will post pictures of the panels and the ideas that I come up with here. Be sure to sign up for the email list so that you don't miss a single step!

5/22/08 - I received my panel today -

Pretty boring, eh? But at least it has blue and purple in it I'm thinking of a white horse running in the surf? or maybe in a snowstorm?

The sooner I get the painting done the more exposure it will get because right now there aren't many paintings completed. So next week, I'll try to make some time for it in my studio schedule. I'm working on about 4 commissions (I think, I sure hope I haven't forgotten someone) right now. I can't wait to show you one of them, it's another pub sign and it is turning out just fantastic!! I really enjoy painting pub signs, they're fun.

I've also been giving some thought to my "artist's statement" and my way of looking at life. I have lost some commissions and showcases because I am just way too enthusiastic - kind of like it's my first painting ever! Well, I'm sorry that some people want a jaded, blase, 'sophisticated' persona - life is just too short. I DO get excited about every single commission I receive. I consider it a great honor to have someone invite my art into their home. So, if I'm too unsophisticated for the snobs, so be it! I approach every day with joy and optimism - I love all weather, all environments, most animals and some people. LOL

As always, I really appreciate you taking the time to stop by and check out my artwork!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your taking time to comment on my paintings! Thanks for your interest and feedback. - Liz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...