Thursday, June 26, 2008

Hot Couple - Beach Painting

Hot Couple

24" x 36"
Acrylic on Canvas

Well, I finally painted for my husband :) He's been asking me for a beach-themed painting for a long time - so here it is. A few days ago, I painted a small version to see if I liked the layout. This is the final version - 2 feet by 3 feet.

I painted this in acrylic, something a bit different for me. I tried very hard to keep my brushstrokes loose and fluid. I managed to avoid small brushes for the most part. I started out with the canvas painted a very hot cadmium red - you can see it between the brushstrokes.

When I had it almost done, it was looking good, but too impersonal. So I "carved" my husband's & my names on the back of the chair.

I'm really happy with the way this turned out. Ok, well, I might fix the angle of the shadow on the back of the chair. I do like the arrow shape, but it would be more accurate to be more of an equilateral triangle instead of long and thin. What do you think?

This was painted live on UStream, but I didn't record it, so if you weren't there, you can't see it now :P


I also added a new counter-thingy on the far right - it shows on a map where the visitors to this site originate. I'm curious to see it in action!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your taking time to comment on my paintings! Thanks for your interest and feedback. - Liz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...