Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Zia - Border Collie Search & Rescue Dog in the Snow

Zia - Border Collie Search & Rescue Dog

I never got the information about this dog, so all I can tell you is that her name is Zia and she is a beautiful Border Collie who has worked in Search & Rescue with Grand County Search and
Rescue Dogs (Colorado)
for two years, and is very enthusiastic about avalanche work.


The Search & Rescue with Grand County Search and Rescue team has evolved over the years from an informal jeep posse under the wing of an authentic western sheriff to a well-trained crew of volunteers known for their professionalism. Within the ranks of the core Grand County SAR team, specialized units have been formed to tackle the diverse rescue challenges presented by the awesome canyon country surrounding Moab. The regular schedule of general SAR training, along with additional training for the specialized units, ensures that the volunteers of GCSAR are ready to do the best job during your worst times.

I am definitely doing the HAPPY DANCE today - I've been working on the angelic Rottweiler and it's looking great - I'll show you tomorrow! I've shipped out a few commissions this week, and things are getting back under control. I am so happy with this painting of Zia - it was so much fun to paint.

BIG NEWS - I've discovered UStream - I will be broadcasting LIVE while I paint in the next few days. I haven't gotten it completely set up, but if you're interested drop me a note with the time of day that would be best for you. If you're at all interested in my techniques and style, make sure you're signed up on my notification list so you can actually watch me paint when I get it set up. I will be narrating every move I make, along with the colors and any tips I think of during the sessions. Please join me - you will be able to chat with each other and with me. I can answer your questions as I paint. I will be painting some small daily paintings, and working on the equine mural painting. I have some commissions, but they are gifts so I can't show them as I paint. I might show the angelic Rottie, though. I still have a little bit more work to do on him. So, sign up on UStream and get ready to come into my studio!!


If you are a member of Search & Rescue, K-9 or Mounted Patrol, please allow me to paint a small portrait for you at no charge, in gratitude for your service.

~~~~~~~ UPDATE ON EQUINE MURAL ~~~~~~~~~~

My husband came up with a great idea for the equine painting, so I'm going to get it started tomorrow. I saw a white horse, but on what background? snow? water? - He said since we're in Texas, I should paint one of the horses from "Lonesome Dove". Turns out that Woodrow F. Call rode a white horse, as far as I can tell. So, now I have a plan . . . let's see how it turns out :)\

Thank you for your interest. I can't wait to be able to interact with you directly on UStream!

As always - live life creatively!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your taking time to comment on my paintings! Thanks for your interest and feedback. - Liz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...