Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Museum Goer I

4" x 5" Oil on Panel

This was painted LIVE on UStream - start to finish.

(available $100 - click here)

This is my first attempt at a style of painting that was inspired by Karin Jurick. This is a very small - 4" x 5" painting, so there's not a lot of detail, but I enjoyed painting it. I took a bunch of reference photos at the Dallas Museum of Art, so I'm planning to do quite a few more of these. I also took a bunch of photos of people in another common scene (you'll see later) and I'm going to do some paintings based on them as well.


It was great to see some of you today in my studio, and please come back soon! Tomorrow,I may be working in pastels. A commissioned portrait that I sent off last week was LOST by FedEx! and I may be reproducing it to get it to my collector by Father's Day. If not, I will be working on a bulldog charity portrait, and perhaps another museum painting. I will be broadcasting LIVE on UStream while I paint Monday through Thursday, and weekends on occasion. If you're at all interested in my techniques and style, or just my fantastic wit - make sure you're signed up on my notification list so you can actually watch me paint. I will be narrating every move I make, along with the colors and any tips I think of during the sessions. Please join me :)
Click here to get an email notice when I will be online painting LIVE

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your taking time to comment on my paintings! Thanks for your interest and feedback. - Liz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...